Sunday, January 20, 2008

What a Crazy Weekend!!

Although it was a pretty laid back weekend for us, it felt a little crazy to me and I'm sure that the negative temperatures didn't help!

After getting out of school on Friday, Hannah had her first playdate with a school friend. It was a last minute thing that happened as we were leaving school but Hannah wanted to go so off we went. After following Hailey's (Hannah's friend) mom back to her house and giving her my cell phone number and reconfirming our home number and what time to come back I headed over to my SIL's house to pick up Alexander - earlier that morning my MIL was on her way to watch my twin niece and nephew and was kind enough to take Xander with her so that I could go to the gym.

Anyway, after settling in Xander and I were just about to start lunch when the phone rings. It's Hailey's mom telling me that Hannah wants to come home because their dog scared her. I put lunch back in the fridge and run to pick up Hannah who has luckily stopped crying by the time we get there. She is afraid of the dog now and wants to come home but does not want to leave Hailey. After talking it over we decide that Hailey is going to come back to our house with us to finish their playdate. Back home we go to finish playing. The girls had a good time and played really well with Alexander, which I was really surprised at. Normally when friends are over Hannah complains that Alexander is in the way and tries to keep him away from whatever is going on. I was able to finish cleaning the house while the kids played so I was happy.

After Hailey left Hannah was bummed because she was "bored" but Xander managed to lift her spirits with a round of "Can't Catch Me". At 3:30 we had to get ready to take Hannah to dance so that gave me something more to do. Getting Hannah ready for dance is always a chore because I have to chase her around the house to get her into her leotard and tights. After chasing her I get to chase Xander around to get him into shoes and a coat so I'm usually frazzled and ready to snap by the time we leave. Fortunately Hannah puts on her own shoes and coat or I probably would lose it!

Alexander missed his afternoon nap so he ended up falling asleep on the way home from dance. He woke up enough to walk in the house and crawl up on the couch to go back to sleep. Bill went to the gym after work so Hannah and I had some time to kill before dinner. Since dinner didn't have to be done right away I decided that we'd have pizza. Hannah helped me make the dough (she likes to help measure things and dump them in the bowl) and we set it aside to let the yeast do it's thing. We had some leftover pizza sauce that Bill had made last time we had pizza so I pulled it out of the freezer to thaw and then we just hung out. Bill got home just in time to help us put together out pizzas. After dinner Bill and I watched a movie while the kids played a computer game. After putting the kids to sleep I crawled into bed and was almost instantly asleep.

Saturday morning after breakfast I was getting ready to go to the gym when I discovered a small lake in one of the cabinets underneath one of the bathroom sinks. A few weeks back I called Bill at work because the cabinet was leaking and I had no idea of why especially since there were no pipes in the area of the leak. When he got home that night he checked everything but didn't find anything wrong so we just figured that it was condensation and we left it alone and it didn't leak anymore so we sort of forgot about it. Well, it wasn't condensation!! We had to pull everything out of the cabinet and soak up the water so that we could see what the heck as going on. All the while I'm wonder who I've upset and what type of curse they've put on me because this is the second leak we've had in the house in two weeks. The first leak was the kitchen sink faucet that had to be replaced ( it might have been fixable but Bill broke the whole nozzle off while trying to get a washer out so the whole thing had to go). The bathroom leak turned out to be the cold water valve so for now there is a bucket under the sink because there is NO WAY that Bill is trying to replace that now that it's -20 outside!!!

I did not end up making it to the gym (which I'm really not crying about) but I did run out to Walmart (how I hate that place!!) and the new grocery store that just opened. Later on in the afternoon we had to go to Hannah's last soccer game of the season. She didn't score any goals this time but she tried really hard and she had fun and she even got a medal!! This post is long enough so I'll post pictures of her game tomorrow. After the game we went to Culver's (Hannah's favorite restaurant) for a celebration dinner and ice cream. We ended our night by watching Ratatouille before heading to bed.

We did not leave the house today. My parents came by to visit after breakfast this morning and brought chocolate doughnuts and the most fabulous cinnamon raisin bread from Weber's bakery that I've ever had! The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Bill and I watched another movie and the kids played nice all day. We played some games together and had a family coloring circle (Hannah set us all up in a circle each with a coloring book and dumped the crayons in the middle so that we could all share). Dinner was all leftovers so I didn't even have to make a real dinner, just heat everything up! Bill built a fire in the fireplace this morning and kept it going all day because it was really cold in the front room and the kids stayed away from it the whole day. I was really surprised that we didn't have to keep reminding them to stay away but I guess that's just another sign of how big they are getting. It was a good day - but I'm beat! I can't wait to put the kids to bed so that I can go pass out myself!! I'm glad that all of our weekends don't feel this way!

And BTW, why is it that my post are always so long!?!?! Geez, I think I'm going to start warning people to go to the bathroom, get a drink and get cozy before reading my posts!

No comments: