Friday, January 11, 2008

The Boy is Ready to Go!!



Just a little background information here: The other day while looking around online I discovered that backpacks were on sale at the Disney Store online and decided to pick up the kids bags for next year. Hannah will be in kindergarten and will be in school all day so she happily picked out a Tinkerbell backpack and matching lunch bag and Alexander will be in 3 year preschool and he picked a Buzz Lightyear bag.

Anyway, Alexander has wanted to go to school since Hannah started in August. At least three times a week he'd ask me if he could go to school and I'd have to tell him that he was too little this year but he could go next year. He'd get a little sad at that point and has even been reduced to tears a few times but eventually he'd forget about it for a while. I ended up enrolling him in a park district class that he really enjoyed. We even called it school so that he'd feel like a "Big Boy". It is two days a week for an hour and I stay with him and he has been fine with it - at least until now. Now that he's got a backpack he wants "TO GO TO HANNAH'S SCHOOL"!! All day he tells me how he wants to go to Hannah's school and how he has a backpack now. It has been really cute until this morning when we were getting ready to take Hannah to school. After putting on his coat he ran and grabbed his backpack and yelled "I ready for school Mama!!". He even brought his bag in the car and tried to get out and go into the building when we got there. It was the cutest and the saddest thing that he's ever done!! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry!! Either way, I hope that he's this willing to go to school next August!

"Modeling" his new bag for Mom


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

candi said...

aww how sweet!! I don't understand why they want to grow up so fast!! Everytime I think "oh slow down your growing too fast" they seem to want to speed it up. And then when I think "you can do that yourself, you are not a baby anymore" they want to go in reverse! I swear I will never figure this out. After almost 9 years of being a mom I still feel clueless!