Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!!


I know, I know wrong holiday but the kids decided that they wanted to put on their halloween costumes yesterday and who can say no to such cute kids!!?!?

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope that you all had a safe and fun night and stayed out of the crazy weather, unlike us. We went to a friends' house to ring in the New Year like we do every year. originally this tradition started as a Christmas party but since December is such a hectic month it turned into a New Years gathering in 2002. And, what started out as a huge party of about 50 kids and adults with tons of food and gifts is now down to just 18 (9 adults & 9 kids) getting together for the sake of being together. It's nice because all of our kids are right about the same age and they all play so nicely together. AND the family whose house we were at just got a Wii from Santa!

For those of you that have never had the pleasure of playing a Wii game, let me tell you - It's fun!! The kids had a ball playing baseball, boxing, bowling and golf against eachother for a while but then the men took over and dominated the tv for the rest of the night. I will admit I did play two bowling games myself but the men were a little greedy with those controllers!

All of the kids made it to midnight and were still going strong at 2:00am, at which time we decided it was time to pack up and head home. We probably would have stayed later but Alexander was exhausted and refused to sleep. The poor little guy was wandering around in his jammies while dragging his blankie just looking for a place to get comfy. He finally passed out on the couch right after Bill came in from starting the car. Hannah, who normally has a meltdown at the mention of saying "goodbye" was very agreeable and there wasn't a single tear shed when we walked out the door. She was sound asleep within the first three blocks. After carrying in the sleeping kids I put on my own jammies and I'm pretty sure that I was asleep before my head actually hit the pillow.

It was a nice night that was spent with good friends and the three people that I love the most. I know that before long the kids will be too cool to hang out with their parents and will prefer to spend their time with their friends instead of us so I am enjoying every minute I can with them. I will always remember Hannah's excited midnight hugs and kisses and Xander's sleepy "Hapee Newyee Mama" murmured from his head on my shoulder. Who could have asked for a better night?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bill said...

That is probably the only way I'll ever get you bowling!

It was a good night, to cap off another good year. How could it not be with a wonderful wife like you and two super kids.

I love you stupid!