Monday, August 11, 2008

Kids Love the Craziest Games

It always amazes me to watch the kids play with Bill. He chases them, hangs them upside down, knocks them over - and they can't get enough of it. Now when it's just the two of them and they play this way one of them is guaranteed to come to me in tears because the other won't leave them alone, but with Bill it's the greatest thing ever. It's cute to watch because they work as a team against him and one will always rescue the other. I've gotten used to how they play and normally it doesn't faze me at all but yesterday I watched in awe as they played a new game.

For about an hour and a half Hannah and Alexander ran around laughing hysterically as Bill tried to hit them with a ball. I know that you're thinking it was dodgeball but it wasn't. It was just Bill hitting them with a ball as they climbed up the slide or tried to hide under the picnic table or just ran into the garage. And it was just a small, soft, squishy ball - not anything that would actually hurt them (so don't think we were abusing them or anything!) The thing that shocked me most was that they WANTED to be hit. After Bill would throw the ball one of them would bring it back to him and taunt him! After a while I couldn't help but laugh at the ways they "tried" to get away or hide because it was just plain funny. I love watching all three of them play together but I'm a little scared of what they will come up with next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be Careful. Bill is always trying to get me to play "Flaming Happy Fun Ball"