Friday, August 22, 2008

Hannah's First Day of School


Today was Hannah's first day of kindergarten. She has been talking about school for weeks now and even had a countdown going and was really happy to start today. I was not at all worried about her first day, I knew that she'd do great. She'd already had 2 years of school so today was a piece cake for her. We got her up early so that she could have breakfast and get ready and before we knew it, it was time to go. Bill actually got to take the day off and be there for her first day which was really nice because he'd never been able to take her to her first days of preschool. Anyway, as soon as we got out of the car she made a beeline for her class and quickly found a few of her friends from last year. She spent the time talking and laughing with the girls while they waited to go into their class. Somehow the kindergarten parents got to head into the building with the kids so we got to see her classroom and her table even though I'm sure that Hannah would have preferred to have had us leave her at the front door! Bill, Alexander and I finally left her but not before she gave her brother a big hug and kiss which I thought was just the sweetest thing!! She was only there for 3 hours today and when we picked her up she said that she really liked her class and that she had a good time. I am glad that she has adjusted to school so well in the last 2 years. I am so proud of my big girl - and of myself because I didn't cry, not even a little!! Of course, my real test will be on Monday when Alexander starts preschool!

No comments: