Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Survived!!!

Hannah's friends Princess Dress Up party was yesterday and she had a blast. It was her and nine little girls and two little brothers running (and screaming) through my house for 2 1/2 hours. Most of the kids were just dropped off and picked up but there were three moms that did stay and ended up helping me out which I was so greatful for. I SO would have been cowering in the corner if it hadn't been for them.

All of the girls got a princess dress and jewelry to wear and got to make princess bags with sticker jewels (ooh, fancy!!). We played a few princess games that they really liked. They played pin the crown on the princess, pass the princess (hot potato), the limbo (always a crowd pleaser) and there were few games that we forgot to play. I totally forgot about the pinata that Hannah and I picked up. Fortunately she didn't remember either, and still doesn't. And since I not only forgot to pull it out but also forgot to fill it, it will be going back to the store later today! After that came pizza, presents and cake.

Now, in order to get Hannah to go along with the whole having a party at home instead of doing like a Chuck E. Cheese or something, I told her that she could have a castle cake. She was so excited about this cake that she told everyone that her mommy was making her a castle cake. At first I was totally planning on buying a cake but after hearing her tell so many people that her mom was making it just for her I knew that I had to make it. Of course, I've never made anything like this but I figured that I was a smart girl and I was sure that I could figure it out. So I began looking around for ideas and finally found a cute one that didn't look terribly challenging at BGH.com . So there I was yesterday morning making my cakes and trying to psych myself out to make this cake - and I did it. Of course, Hannah tried to help me and flipped one of the cakes before it was ready so it fell apart, but I carried on. Then I was running late with frosting it because I had to reclean the house after the kids decided to play. I think they played tornado because that's what it looked like to me!! Anyway, considering that this was my first attempt I think I did okay. One of the towers fell off but that was it - the rest of it survived long enough for us to sing and for me to cut it up and serve it. It may have been a little crooked too, but Hannah LOVED it and that's all that matters. My job was done!

Looking back on yesterday I have to say that it was fun to watch the girls (and boys) play together and get excited over everything but mostly it was just EXHAUSTING!! I ended up passing out on my bed sometime around 9:30 pm still in my clothes with my hair in a ponytail. I guess I just can't hang anymore...

I will say one last thing though, Chuck E. Cheese is looking a lot more appealing to me!


Okay, I've tried to post this twice already with some pictures but it's not letting me. I've taken out the pictures and will post some of those tomorrow.

2 comments:

candi said...

Chuck e cheese is just as exhausting!! I am so sorry I haven't been here to your blog lately, I forgot you had one. SORRY!!! I am adding you to my friends and my igoogle feed now so I don't forget again. I am so distracted by scrabble, oh and my 4 kids, lately!

Anonymous said...

Mom said I am sooo proud of you job well done makes me proud to see what a wonderful mom you turned out to be but, who would ever dream of you doing all of this but, yes I am sure the satisfaction you must have felt just seeing how happy you have made her fifth birthday good job don't worry I already started the chuck e cheese fund...