Friday, April 18, 2008

Oh My Poor Baby!!

Hannah got another ear infection at the beginning of this week so I took her to the doctor for another antibiotic prescription. While we were there I had the doctor check her file to see how many she's had and it turns out that she's had 7 ear infections since last March. It has gotten to the point where she can no longer have just regular old Amoxcillan or the "yummy bubblegum stuff" as she calls it, she has to have the stronger stuff because the regular stuff just doesn't do it for her. So far we've tried Omnicef and now she's on Augmentin and if this stuff doesn't help her she's going to have to take like horse antibiotics or something just plain crazy! Anyway, since she's had so many problems with her ears this year we now have to take her to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor (who she's actually seen before because she has issues with her nose) and we had to have her tested for allergies.

I took her for her allergy test today and let me tell you she was NOT happy. I picked her up from school and told her that we had to go and take a test for her doctor and she immediately started resisting. I had yet to mention that there was a needle involved and was preparing myself for one hell of a fight! After checking in, Hannah noticed a sign with a syringe on it and asked if she was getting a shot. I said yes and that the phlebotomist would be taking some blood so that they could check it. She cried some but eventually calmed down. She was fine until we sat in the chair and she heard the word needle. She put up a pretty good fight for about two minutes but I managed to calm her again and she let the lady check her veins. Now, I've never cried when the kids got their shots as babies. I thought I would but I never did so I did not expect to get teary eyed over this! I felt horrible as I held her on my lap and my poor baby cried into my neck while this mean lady stuck her!! I couldn't do anything for her and it killed me!! Once it was done she was a little shaken and I was trying to be brave for her and not maim the evil woman with the needle. We both made it out of there okay (and without hurting anyone) but I hope I never have to do that again!!

No comments: