Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It Was Such a Lovely Wedding

I wore a pink gerbera daisy in my hair and held a bunch in my hands as Bill kissed me. Together we walked down the isle as some Irish chick sang some silly song that for the life of me I cannot name (the girl or the song). We honeymooned in Mexico for a day where we played in the sand and swam in the pool before finally being able to come home.

Of course, this was not my actual wedding and NO we weren't renewing our vows either. This is what Hannah planned for us to do tonight. My FIL has nicknamed Hannah the "Entertainment Coordinator" because she is constantly getting whatever group of adults that are around to do some pretty silly things. She managed to get my in-laws to play pass the monkey (hot potato) and freeze dance on Bill's birthday and on Easter she got about 18 people to play pass the dog (hot potato again). I'm not sure how she does it but we all end up playing along.

So tonight as Bill was watching American Idol and I was doing some laundry she planned everything and even found me some flowers. She got me a pretty sweet Pre-nup too that says that Bill has to have a good job and love me forever and has to like kids (that was my idea - not hers) and got Bill to sign it!!! Hannah "married" us in the front room while Alexander ran around like a maniac and Bill and I tried to hold in our laughter. It may not have been as nice as our real wedding with me in the cinderella gown and Bill in his tux was but it was definately sweet. I also think that this was better because it came from the vivid imagination and the earnest heart of my little girl.

No comments: