Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring is one the Way!

At the begning of last week the kids were sick. Hannah had an ear and throat infection and Xander had Strep. We had beautiful weather with the temperature goinging into the mid 50's and they were upset that they were sick and couldn't go out and play with the neighbor kids who we could see playing in their yard from our front windows. After explaining that they couldn't go there because they were sick and could possibly infect the other kids they calmed down and stopped asking to go out.

By Thursday they were dying to be outside and as soon as they woke up they were beging to play in the yard. I figured that since they'd been on their antibiotics for 4 days that they were okay enough so I told them that after Hannah got home from school that we'd play outside. They were so excited that you'd think I had told them that we were leaving for Disney World.

We had to drive out to Bill's work right after school because he had forgotten something that morning and we ended up going to lunch with him which is always a nice treat. But once we got home we tossed our stuff inside and the kids went straight to the swings.

Hannah's first slide of the season

Alexander's finally tall enough to grab the rings without help!

Practicing for Spring Soccer

I think it's time to get him his own helmet - pink flamingoes aren't really his thing!

Hopscotch Anyone?

He's ready for the spring construction season!

I was so nice to be outside, I think we stayed out for about 2 hours. I know that the kids and I have been suffering from a mild case of cabin fever and this was just what we needed. I am SO looking forward to the warmer weather. I love it when you don't have to be all bundled up in the cold or half naked in the extreme heat. Spring is one of my favorite times of year.

No comments: