Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Evil Thy Name is Banana Cream Pie



Lately I have been doing really well with eating right and for the last 3 weeks I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I can see a difference in my body and I feel great!! I haven't had a problem with not eating junk food either. At first I was really craving junk food and I had the shakes because I really cut back on my carbs but it really doesn't bother me anymore - at least it didn't until Monday.

Monday was my birthday and I requested a banana cream pie in lieu of cake this year (because there are 5 birthdays from May 20th to June 2nd and by the last one I'm usually all caked out). I told myself that I was only going to have a tiny slice and that was it. Well, you know what they says about the road to hell!! I had a huge chunk and let me tell you - it was GOOD!! I probably could have left it at that except for the fact that my parents don't like banana cream pies so they sent the rest home with me.

I avoided it all night Monday and most of the day on Tuesday but every time I opened the fridge it taunted me. I finally broke down and ate some around 8:00 pm and I had to throw the rest away (sorry mom) because I was on the verge of eating the last 1/4 of the darn thing!!

I was defeated by a PIE and to add insult to injury I've gained 3 pounds!!! I am now back on the wagon and back at the gym but my will power is bruised and battered. I curse you Baker's Square and your wonderfully wicked pies!!

No comments: